Presentation will cover topics such as:
- What are the key factors dictating critical communication and signalling upgrades and/or choices for new networks (functionalities, radio spectrum considerations, coverage, capacity)?
- What is the current status of international wireless communications standards for rail operators – how do they address and meet voice, data, signalling and security demands of modern rail industry
- eg. Onboard, trackside, operational staff, vehicle location, train control & signalling applications (ERMTS, CBTC, PTC, ATP), driverless trains, passenger information functionalities.
- Which standards are prevalent in recent global deployments and contract awards, which are capable of replacing GSM-R and existing analog radio and other legacy voice and data systems?
- Why have global open standard technologies like TETRA been so successful and how are operators provisioning complimentary broadband technologies?